By Laura Mandell
Breaking the Book is a manifesto at the cognitive outcomes and emotional results of human interactions with actual books that unearths why the conventional humanities disciplines are proof against 'digital' humanities.
- Explores the explanations why the normal humanities disciplines are proof against 'digital humanities'
- Reveals elements of booklet background, providing it for example of the way varied media form our modes of pondering and feeling
- Gathers jointly an important publication heritage and literary feedback in regards to the hundred years major as much as the early 19th-century emergence of mass print culture
- Predicts results of the electronic revolution on disciplinarity, services, and the institutional restructuring of the humanities
Read or Download Breaking the Book: Print Humanities in the Digital Age (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos) PDF
Similar publishing & books books
This e-book is written for authors who are looking to get released and take cost in their personal publishing approach. as soon as your ebook is written, this consultant takes you thru how you can structure your e-book utilizing InDesign, the right way to use HTML to arrange your booklet for Kindle, and the way to advertising and marketing your booklet utilizing social media like Twitter, fb, LinkedIn, blogs, articles advertising, and different social media instruments.
Specifications for pro media enhancing have passed through huge, immense technological swap. Editors nonetheless edit replica. yet this present day they do even more. Mass media editors needs to exhibit talents from automated pagination to social media tracking, from photo manipulation to go looking Engine Optimization. the necessity for enhancing talents is achieving some distance past conventional journalism and into all components of mass media, from newspapers to strategic conversation.
A much-needed reference consultant to Pennsylvania for historians and scholars of the Civil struggle
Die Titelnachträge im Band four der „Internationalen Bibliographie zur germanistischen Lexikographie und Wörterbuchforschung. Mit Berücksichtigung anglistischer, nordistischer, romanistischer, slavistischer und weiterer metalexikographischer Forschungen“ betreffen nicht nur den Zeitraum von 2007 bis 2014, sondern auch Arbeiten, die vor 2007 erschienen sind.
- Selling Your Writing to the Boating Magazines (and other niche mags)
- Revolutions in Book Publishing: The Effects of Digital Innovation on the Industry
- A History of Pregnancy in Christianity: From Original Sin to Contemporary Abortion Debates (Routledge Music Bibliographies)
- Hemingway or Twain?: Unleashing Your Author Personality
- Assessing Meaning Making and Self-Authorship: Theory, Research, and Application: ASHE Higher Education Report 38:3 (J-B ASHE Higher Education Report Series (AEHE))
Additional resources for Breaking the Book: Print Humanities in the Digital Age (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos)