By Frank D. Macchia
Read or Download Baptized in the Spirit: A Global Pentecostal Theology PDF
Best christian theology books
The concept that of human dignity has been faraway from its conventional context in Christian idea, yet a compelling exchange imaginative and prescient has now not but emerged. In "God and Human Dignity", theologians, ethicists, and biblical students from world wide discover human dignity utilizing the easiest assets of the Christian culture.
Ever because the Reformation, Protestant Christians have believed inthe sola sciptura precept, the place the Bible is held because the utmostand final authority. but whilst Christian doctrine is held up tothe magnifying lens, there are transparent strains of its precise intellectualroots, strains that return to Augustine, Aquinas or even to Platoand Aristotle.
What's the courting of the church to theology? How does the church relate to the paintings of artistic theological authorship, fairly whilst authors suggest novel claims? much more, how do ecclesial types, relatively of ecclesial authority, underwrite or authorize how theology is finished? Saler takes up those hard and provocative questions and argues for a clean ecclesiology of the church as occasion, particularly as a diffusively spatialized occasion.
The Theological Implications of electronic CultureThis educated theology of verbal exchange and media analyzes how we devour new media and applied sciences and discusses the impression on our social and non secular lives. Combining services in faith on-line, theology, and expertise, the authors synthesize scholarly paintings on faith and the net for a nonspecialist viewers.
- Living Graciously on Planet Earth: Faith, Hope, and Love in Biblical, Social, and Cosmic Context
- Mentoring by Design: Mentoring and Discipling Through Missional Small Groups
- Ethics and the Autonomy of Philosophy: Breaking Ties with Traditional Christian Praxis and Theory
- The Orthodox Church in the Arab World, 700 - 1700: An Anthology of Sources (Orthodox Christian)
- Faithful Performances: Enacting Christian Tradition (Routledge Studies in Theology, Imagination and the Arts)
- Patristic Universalism: Second Edtion
Extra info for Baptized in the Spirit: A Global Pentecostal Theology